Test plugin and library

Miha Čančula miha at noughmad.eu
Wed Mar 16 21:32:10 UTC 2011

2011/3/16 Aleix Pol <aleixpol at kde.org>

> What I would like to see in a proposal referring to the
> Unit Testing integration in KDevelop GSoC is a proposal where the student
> says he's going to fix whatever it's wrong now and make it usable and gives
> his thoughts on how does he want it to be integrated in KDevelop. I don't
> think it should be me who says what the proposal should be about.

Fair enough, I have already started making it more usable. However, I also
wanted to know if there's a UI convention/policy, even unofficial, followed
by KDevelop developers, for the sake of consistency between tools.

> Awesome QtTest + cmake integration by the end of the GSoC is a must, but
> it's not the only thing. KDevelop is about integrating tools, I'd like to
> see what is the student's idea of how should unit tests be run while
> developing and how should it be integrated. For instance, what if a test is
> crashing, how do we debug it? Can we just run the tests that are relevant to
> the file we're editing? How can we find regressions using veritas?

Alright, I've already thought about some of that, so I suppose I should
start writing soon :)

Thank you,
Miha