pp-macro.h: unsupported usage of appended list?

David Nolden zwabel at googlemail.com
Mon Mar 7 22:43:17 UTC 2011

You are misunderstanding this. Multiple dynamic containers are supported
perfectly fine by appendedlists.h.

The warning simply means that there were a few dynamic instances of pp_macro
alive when the helper container for dynamic lists of appendedlists.h was
destroyed. This might either be a tiny static leak (the standard macros from
setuphelper.cpp/h come into my mind), or a destruction order issue. Anyway
the number 130 is not worrying at all. I primarily added this warning to
prevent huge runtime memory leaks. You could for example simply turn it into
kDebug if you dont want it to be a warning.

Am 07.03.2011 23:11 schrieb "Milian Wolff" <mail at milianw.de>:

Milian Wolff, 07.03.2011:

> Hey all,
>
> I was finally fed up enough with this warning:
>
> pp_macro::definition There were ...
btw: just adding definitionFreeChain(); to the pp-macro dtor triggers

ASSERT:
"temporaryHashpp_macrodefinition().getItem(definitionData).isEmpty()"
in file /home/milian/projects/kde4/kdevelop/languages/cpp/parser/rpp/pp-
macro.h, line 165

probably because other functions from END_APPENDED_LISTS are not correct in
pp-macro, e.g. copyListsFrom and similar...

bye

PS: can one use variadic macros somehow to add support for arbitrary number
of
containers in END_APPENDED_LISTS? I've not yet seen how, but considering
what
is possible (think Boost Preprocessor) I wouldn't suprised if someone gets
that to work somehow...

--
Milian Wolff
mail at milianw.de