Automatic indentation-detection in Kate and KDevelop

Wolfgang Bangerth bangerth at math.tamu.edu
Wed Jun 22 14:35:23 UTC 2011

> Do you know a single project that actually adhers a common coding standard
> (outside of business projects)? I don't. It's simply not practicable. FOSS
> people follow their own style most of the cases.

This has nothing to do with the topic of the mail, but GNU projects are often
quite anal about indentation etc. GCC maintainers frequently reject patches
until indentation and formatting is brought into accordance with style guides.

A practical way of enforcing a particular style is to have a pre-commit hook
in your version control system that sends the file through, for example,
astyle before putting into the repository.

W.

Wolfgang Bangerth                email:            bangerth at math.tamu.edu