KDevelop makes quit KDE session ?

Aleix Pol aleixpol at kde.org
Tue Jun 21 20:26:09 UTC 2011

----- Mensaje original -----
> Hello,
>
> I'm running KDE and KDevelop from the GIT repos.
>
> Several times, when in KDevelop, I experienced a sudden crash of the
> entire KDE session, without warning and error message. It was just
> getting back to the login prompt. The only thing I can say that's
> occurring when hovering over C++ source code. I think that's happening
> at the precise moment when a tooltip is trying to come up.
>
> Now, I'd like to help investigating this, but I have no core dump
> (however they are activated on my system) and no error message. Any
> clues to how to investigate this next time when it'll happen? Is this
> the right mailing list? Should I extend the topic to the kde-devel list,
> or to other lists?
>
> Valentin
>

> --

I've had that. My conclusion was that it was the wrong x11/graphicdriver/qt theme. It all was solved with a new arch version.

Of course KDevelop is not dealing with such low level stuff so I doubt we can solve that, even though I'd like to see our whole linux stack fixed.

FYI, I have this issue fixed. All is back to normality for me using archlinux testing+all kde master/trunk.

Aleix