Review Request: Change default shortcuts for Previous and Next visited contexts to Alt+Left and Alt+Right

Esben Mose Hansen kde at mosehansen.dk
Sun Jun 19 12:01:40 UTC 2011

On Saturday 18 June 2011 14:35:28 Olivier Jean de Gaalon wrote:
> Especially if we end up with a browser-like interface, the Alt+Left/Right
> for prev/next will IMO take precedence. Is there any way we can change the
> context browser shortcuts?

I have been thinking: Instead of the hidden content browser shortcuts there is
now, would it make sense to have a key, say F2, that would switch to "context
browse mode" and direct future input to the content browser until Enter or Esc
is pressed? That way, the F2 could be advertised in the popup (Press F2 to
browse..) and an entire modifier would be freed (which is a lot of keyboard
shortcuts).

--
Kind regards, Esben