Adding a build-dependency on flex

Esben Mose Hansen kde at mosehansen.dk
Sat Jun 18 18:55:58 UTC 2011

On Saturday 18 June 2011 01:12:48 Nicolás Alvarez wrote:
> It's being annoying to have to manually run flex to regenerate the .c
> between changing something and running 'make'.

I sometimes modify projects that does that "add the generated file for
convenience" stunt. I never find it convenient and often confusing. If the
file can only be generated by flex, you already have a compile-time dependency
whether you want to admit it or not.

And really.. flex? Even if some developer has managed to not have that
installed already, it is not exactly an exotic package.

--
Kind regards, Esben