VCS Changes Toolview

David Nolden zwabel at googlemail.com
Fri Jun 10 15:50:04 UTC 2011

I read the blog-post about the VCS changes toolview, but didn't test it yet.

In general though, do we really need a new toolview for this? To me,
this functionality belongs into the "Project" treeview. In general, it
should be possible to see the VCS status of files in the projects
toolview.

Showing _only_ the changed files equals a filter of the project tree,
and could be done by generalizing the filtering-capability. Instead of
having a filter-line, we could have a filter drop-down, with these
items (for example):
* All (the default)
* Open (would show only the files currently open, could eventually
replace the "documents" view)
* VCS Changes (would show the files that changed according to VCS)
* [[filter-line-edit]] (would show the current filter line-edit)

Instead of creating more and more hardly discoverable toolviews, we
should search ways to consistently integrate the whole stuff.

Greetings, David