"kdevelop/katepartui.rc" in TextDocument (kdevplatform)

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Fri Jun 10 14:02:12 UTC 2011

On 10.06.11 15:46:51, Milian Wolff wrote:
> Hey Alexander!
>
> TextDocument::createViewWidget tries to replace the XML file with the custom
> one in KDevelop. But: TextDocument is in KDevplatform, and the UI replacement
> in KDevelop. The issue can be seen when trying to run KDevplatform tests
> without KDevelop installed (crash in katePartUis.last() in loc 313).
>
> It would be easy to prevent the crash, but imo this needs to be improved.
> Can't we just move the replacement into kdevplatform?

Only if you want to tie kdevelop and kdevplatform together (or have
cruft for a specific app using the platform in the platform). That being
said, why not simply use the existing ShellExtension interface to let it
tell the platform which file to replace and fallback to no replacing if
there's an empty string returned?