deleting DUChain cache dir together with session dir

Milian Wolff mail at milianw.de
Mon Jul 25 17:33:07 UTC 2011

Milian Wolff, 25.07.2011:
> David Nolden, 22.07.2011:

<snip> (please respond to the other questions in my original message though)

> > If they are anonymous
> > (eg. not accessible through the menu), not currently open, and not
> > accessed for more than 48 hours, delete the directory. (We have to be
> > careful not to delete sessions which are still open somewhere,
> > consider for example a shared-networking environment)
>
> Yes, that is indeed something to keep in mind. Though the lock mechanism
> should take care of that already, no?
>
> > * Check all existing duchain-directories, and delete all dirs where
> > the corresponding session-dir doesn't exist.
>
> This at least I think we can try to implement even now to fix the worst
> issues...

Another issue: Sessions are stored in the app-specific (KDevelop, Quanta,
$random-unit-test, ...) folder in $KDEHOME/share/apps/ .

The DUChain stuff otoh is shared across all apps via ~/.kdevduchain

The question is hence: Should we also save sessions in a uniquely shared dir
in e.g. $KDEHOME/share/apps/kdevplatform or similar?

If we don't do this, I don't see a way to properly find and purge cache dirs
for not-existing sessions, considering that the session can reside in
$arbitrary-app-config-folder...

bye
--
Milian Wolff