Store modification times in Declaration Data class?

Sven Brauch svenbrauch at googlemail.com
Mon Jul 4 16:15:55 UTC 2011

Hi David,

thanks for your response.
I imagined this to work like this: As soon as a file is parsed, it
throws all its type hints at all relevant declarations. Those stay
valid until the file is re-parsed; if it's re-parsed, it just creates
*new* type hints, which then are valid instead of the old ones. The
old ones will then be invalidated by comparing their creation time
with the current modification revision of the file, and noticing that
they're old. However, I don't know how much performance that would
eat.

Still, your approach is probably more elegant. I'm just not entirely
sure if a type-hint can be bound to a specific use in all cases; it
*might* be a more complex expression. However, for the basic
function-argument hints I want to implement now I think that should
work.
I didn't exactly understand how your example works, tough... I do not
want to delete declarations if uses go away, I want to store a list of
types for a declaration which are deleted if their "uses" go away. How
is that to be realized with your example?

Greetings,
Sven