KDevVarLengthArray: memmove / memcopy?

Syron mr.syron at googlemail.com
Sun Jul 3 13:24:40 UTC 2011

If this is topic is still relevant:

I had some time thinking about the KDevVarLengthArray class. Fact is
that the QVarLengthArray is only a RAII wrapper around ordinary C-style
arrays that is not supposed to have insert/indexOf/remove/etc.
semantics. I think that replacing the array wrapper with a QVector/QList
would be better, esp. considering implementing copy-on-write semantics
in the involved classes and then using Q_DECLARE_TYPEINFO on them so
that the containers may optimize their operations, in the best case it
will boil down to the mentioned memmove/memcpy calls (I also had some
time investigating the container implementations and interfaces).

And yes, I am aware of the work that such a rewrite would take, so take
this only as another point of view.

-- Syron