Unstable plugins in extragear

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Mon Jan 31 08:48:19 UTC 2011

On 31.01.11 00:19:59, Aleix Pol wrote:
> Hi kdevelop,
> As Albert noted to me recently, we have some projects in
> kdevelop/experimental which is inside extragear [1].
>
> To follow KDE standards it would be a good idea to move that into
> playground/devtools [2]. Before going ahead and moving everything I'd like
> to have an ack from the developers (of QMake and Python support) and tell
> the community.

Not ok for me personally. Currently all kdevelop-related stuff is very
easy to find and its very clear in which state the plugins are. Moving
stuff to the playground thingie will break this for no good reason,
instead we could try to talk to sysadmins to encode that information
into the xml file so that the i18n team can read out from there which
repositories are stable and which are not.

You will forget that you ever knew me.