Help me with the release announcement!

Milian Wolff mail at milianw.de
Tue Jan 25 19:19:54 UTC 2011

Milian Wolff, 23.01.2011:
> Hey all,
>
> I'd *really* appreciate any help with the release annoucnement for 4.2. We
> should push that to the dot authors tomorrow and I have other stuff to do
> as well.
>
> My start:
> http://www.kdevelop.org/mediawiki/index.php/KDevelop_4/4.2_Release_Announce
> ment
>
> - note: please html-format it, as that is apparently easier for the dot
> authors
> - note: http://milianw.de/blog/kdevelop-42-beta-1-released <-- this should
> have more stuff about new features, as does
> http://www.kdevelop.org/mediawiki/index.php/KDevelop_4/4.2_Noteworthy_Chang
> es

Guys, since the announcement is by far not ready and the dot editors *will*
need time, I'll change plans:

a) announce release via email + blog + kdevelop.org like usually
b) take time for a big dot.kde.org announcement

if luck is on my side, I can even make the announcement ready tomorrow and aim
for a proper dot article on friday. It's probably not a bad idea anyways as
tomorrow will be all about 4.6 ;-)

I've learnt some lessons from this release though:

- make the release process longer, something like:

tag + announce to packagers - 1 week - announce to world - 2 weeks - tag next
version - 1 week - ...

- start even earlier with the announcement, sadly it seems like you all are
not interested in this mundane task (thanks to OliJG for his contribution
though).

Anyways, take care. I hope you all start hacking some more again - there is a
huge list of bugs waiting to be squashed...

bye
--
Milian Wolff
mail at milianw.de