Slow highlighting on KDevelop start with many restored documents

Milian Wolff mail at milianw.de
Wed Jan 19 20:37:38 UTC 2011

David Nolden, 19.01.2011:
> All open documents are parsed+highlighted fully. We don't
> differentiate between the active one and other ones.
>
> What we could do is:
> a) Changing the background-parser so that it processes the currently
> active document first
> or
> b) Add the currently active document with a higher priority to the
> background parser (maybe better)
>
> But we somehow need to track the currently active document then.

Changing the priority of the active document shouldn't be too hard, or is it?
This would be a big win I'd say. And thinking about it, don't we already favor
opened documents over (non-opened)-project-documents? Can't we extend
this/change this to active/visible-documents?

I think I'll have to dig into the code to find answers to these questions.

Bye, thanks for clarifiying.
--
Milian Wolff
mail at milianw.de