Slow highlighting on KDevelop start with many restored documents

Milian Wolff mail at milianw.de
Tue Jan 18 18:45:01 UTC 2011

Hey David, last mail for today, I promise :D

Can you (or anyone else) reproduce the following issue, which I personally
find quite grave and I hope we could track it down + fix it in time for 4.2.0.

- open kdev with any project (let it be parsed)
- open lots of files (10 or more)
- close and reopen kdevelop with this project
=> notice how kdev takes *ages* to highlight the active file
- now do  file -> close others
=> more or less instant highlighting of active file
-  close and reopen kdevelop again
=> instant highlighting of the active file

maybe a foreground lock thingy? I'd say only the active document should be
highlighted, or well - only "visible" documents. If I open 20 files, with only
one opened, I don't want them to be highlighted. Or is it something else? I
have not yet figured it out :(

Bye
--
Milian Wolff