Git development branches

Benjamin Port port.benjamin at gmail.com
Thu Jan 6 15:15:48 UTC 2011

Hello,
When we worked with gitorious we have our development branches under a
team repository.
Currently we can't do the same thing with git.kde.org
So there are two solutions (at least):
* Create branch under the main repository
* Create personnal clone

For me it's more easy to create branch under the main repository:
*Easy to see quickly all development branch with a git branch -a
*Easy to switch from one branch to another branch
*Only one repository to clone
For this solution I suggest to:
*Create branch with a name convention like: somestuff-username (e.g.
qtdocumentation-bport), with this we can know on what a group work and
also know a "branch maintainer" to contact him.
*Remove branch when we have merged it in order to have a clean
repository all the time and not a large amount of branch.

Regards,
Benjamin Port