Find uses/rename is being painfully slow

Dmitry Risenberg dmitry.risenberg at gmail.com
Thu Feb 17 14:54:48 UTC 2011

2011/2/17 Aleix Pol <aleixpol at kde.org>:
> On Thu, Feb 17, 2011 at 3:09 PM, Dmitry Risenberg
> <dmitry.risenberg at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> 2011/2/17 Milian Wolff <mail at milianw.de>:
>> > afaik the problem is getting *all* uses to make the renaming correctly.
>> > And
>> > for that *all* project files are checked to be up2date. And this takes
>> > time.
>> > Long time.
>>
>> But why do we have to reparse everything? The project should have
>> already been parsed on loading. I mean, if we do not reparse, what
>> test scenario can give us a wrong result? Or is it so because there
>> are different levels of parsing?
>>
>> --
>> Dmitry Risenberg
>>
>> --
>
> By default most files besides the current one won't have all uses created so
> you need to reparse those to make sure they all have the proper information.
> Aleix

Played with Eclipse a little more - it does no parsing on startup
(just loads what is already parsed, I suppose), and when I call
Rename, it does some quick checking and then outputs a preview of what
is going to be changed. However, if I change a file outside Eclipse,
it says that a file is out of sync and aborts the renaming.

So the question is - can we check whether the file needs reparsing (by
modification date or something) - i'm not familiar with DUChain
format. If we can, then "reparse all" can be avoided by running
background low-priority parsing when there is spare CPU.

--
Dmitry Risenberg