kdevelop-mercurial

Nicolás Alvarez nicolas.alvarez at gmail.com
Wed Feb 16 02:14:56 UTC 2011

On 15/02/2011, Milian Wolff <mail at milianw.de> wrote:
> Andrey Batyiev, 15.02.2011:
>> On Tue, Feb 15, 2011 at 10:42 AM, Milian Wolff <mail at milianw.de> wrote:
>> > If I understood the backlog on IRC correctly you have a KDE account and
>> > commit rights? Then just create (or let create, not sure how this is
>> > done)
>>
>> Yes, moved.
>> https://projects.kde.org/projects/playground/devtools/plugins/kdev-mercuria
>>
>> > Also: do you still have all the history (svn -> mercurial -> now git?).
>>
>> Actually no. Neither mercurial nor git conversion tools does not handle
>> nicely svn moves. I don't know how to fix that, so history about before
>> playground move is lost.
>> (I've tried steps described in
>> http://techbase.kde.org/Development/Tutorials/Git/git-svn )
>
> This is bad. Very.
>
> @PovAddict: can you help us maybe? I assume doing a proper svn -> git and
> then
> cherry-picking the new commits in the repo above could work?

I now have svn2git rules to convert the Mercurial plugin from SVN, so
we can do this whenever you give the go-ahead. To make things easier,
Andrey shouldn't have local unpushed changes.

Note that the plugin was deleted (r939900) and rewritten from scratch
(r939889) two years ago. I'm *not* converting history of the old
plugin before that rewrite. Is that OK?

--
Nicolas