kdevelop-mercurial

Milian Wolff mail at milianw.de
Tue Feb 15 08:42:35 UTC 2011

Andrey Batyiev, 14.02.2011:
> Sorry Milian, I haven't noticed that I've sent this email directly to you.
>
> On Mon, Feb 14, 2011 at 1:17 PM, Milian Wolff <mail at milianw.de> wrote:
> > Andrey Batyiev, 14.02.2011:
> >> Hello
> >>
> >> I'm trying to revive Mercurial VCS support in KDevelop. I've converted
> >> code from playground into mercurial repo and placed it into bitbucket
> >> (link: https://bitbucket.org/generatorglukoff/kdevelop-mercurial ).
> >
> > While this is nice for you I don't like it from a maintainer/user POV. I
> > expect all code related to KDevelop to reside somewhere on git.kde.org.
> > Please, could we move it to:
> >
> > https://projects.kde.org/projects/playground/devtools/plugins
> >
> > And - once you are confident it's production ready, go through kdereview
> > to finally have it in kdevplatform itself.
>
> OK, what should I do? Bitbucket solution was proposed in #kdevelop, I don't
> really care about where I will push the code.
>
> // Already moved to git.kde.org, sorry for noise.

If I understood the backlog on IRC correctly you have a KDE account and commit
rights? Then just create (or let create, not sure how this is done)

https://projects.kde.org/projects/playground/devtools/plugins/mercurial

Also: do you still have all the history (svn -> mercurial -> now git?).

> >> Development of plugin raised this questions:
> >> 1. What's policy about ordering in project history? From oldest to
> >> newest or from newest to oldest?
> >
> > I'd say from newest to oldest, like I expect "[git/svn/cvs] log" to work.
>
> Fixed.

cool. Bye

--
Milian Wolff