Cmake manager looses build type, extra options and CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX

Gerhard Stengel gstengel at gmx.net
Sat Feb 12 10:23:43 UTC 2011

Hello,

I think that bug #250527 on bugs.kde.org is still present, but it's closed as fixed and I can't reopen it. Maybe someone
can?
The problem was that it wasn't reprodcible, but like this it's no problem to see it every time.

1.) Open a new CMake project, means without an existing .kdev4 folder
2.) choose build type, prefix and extra options as desired.
3.) configure the project, everything is according to expectations
4.) Let's assume you've forgotten an extra option you'd like to add afterwards, you'd go into the project properties,
remove the current build folder by clicking on the "-" icon
5.) click on the "+" icon to get a new build folder, fill in install prefix (which should be something else than
/usr/local, of course) etc.
5a.) Instead of 4 and 5, you can also prune the project
6.) configure again, you get following output (I took kdevelop itself as sample project, set the install prefix to
/home/gerhard/kdevelop4 and the build type to debugfull):

/home/gerhard/src/kdevelop/build> /usr/bin/cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr/local -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release -
DCMAKE_PREFIX_PATH=/home/gerhard/kdevelop4 /home/gerhard/src/kdevelop/

Obviously, CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX and build type get reset to some default. I've also seen the extra options disappear,
but not in this scenario and I don't remember how I did.

The problem seems to be that the project is configured twice. The first run seems to be performed with correct
parameters, but the second with some wrong default settings.

regards

Gerhard