misleading message when installing project

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Sat Feb 12 02:23:19 UTC 2011

On 12.02.11 00:58:05, Gerhard Stengel wrote:
> Hi,
>
> when I install kdevplatform and kdevelop built in kdevelop itself I get following som
>
> -- Installing: /home/gerhard/kdevelop4/share/config/kdeveloprc
> -- Installing: /home/gerhard/kdevelop4/share/apps/kdevelop/kdevelopui.rc
> -- Installing: /home/gerhard/kdevelop4/share/apps/kdevelop/katepartui.rc
> -- Installing: /home/gerhard/kdevelop4/share/apps/kdevelop/kdevelop.notifyrc
> -- Installing: /home/gerhard/kdevelop4/share/mime/packages/kdevelop.xml
> - /home/gerhard/.local/share
> - /usr/share
> - /etc/opt/kde3/share
> - /opt/gnome/share
> - /opt/kde3/share
>

> Note that '/home/gerhard/kdevelop4/share' is not in the search path
> set by the XDG_DATA_HOME and XDG_DATA_DIRS
> environment variables, so applications may not
> be able to find it until you set them. The
> directories currently searched are:
>

> -- Installing: /home/gerhard/kdevelop4/lib64/kde4/kdevastyle.so
> -- Installing: /home/gerhard/kdevelop4/share/kde4/services/kdevastyle.desktop
> -- Installing: /home/gerhard/kdevelop4/lib64/kde4/kdevindent.so
> -- Installing: /home/gerhard/kdevelop4/share/kde4/services/kdevindent.desktop
> -- Installing: /home/gerhard/kdevelop4/lib64/kde4/kdevcpplanguagesupport.so
> -- Installing: /home/gerhard/kdevelop4/share/kde4/services/kdevcppsupport.desktop
>
> Seems that the paths are printed before the message, but it should be below.

I'm sorry but I don't quite get your problem. Yes if you install
kdevelop into your $HOME/ then you may need to adjust environment
variables for some things to be found. I'm don't quite get which of the outputs
above you think are misleading though.

The message about the directories like /home/gerhard/.local/share etc.
are generated by a CMake macro that we don't control, but I can't see
anything wrong with that output either.

If you sow your wild oats, hope for a crop failure.