question about translations in grepview

Gerhard Stengel gstengel at gmx.net
Fri Feb 4 00:48:40 UTC 2011

Hi,

I just tried to update de-translations for kdevgrepview.po vor kdevelop 4.2.0.

There is a huge html help text which comes from grepwidget.ui, line 69, the translated version of which
doesn't show up. I cross checked sv and fr and it doesn't work there, too. Is there a problem that the i18n
function can't cope with such big html texts? Or do I have to set something special in the html header?

Secondly, there are some untranslatable texts in the code browser. If I click on a "container", I get an
outline of the container (OK), but the first line starts with "Back to" which can't be translated anywhere.
In this context I think it's a bit inconsistent that the keyword "enum" is translatable, but "struct",
"union" and "class" aren't (whether it's reasonable to translate this is a matter of taste, though...).

Last question: I think the pattern separator doesn't work as it shoud in the new find/replace dialogue. If I
want to search something i.e. in a *.h file, it work fine. Same for an *.cpp file. But if I separate those
two by a space (as the help text suggests), it doesn't work an more. By default, the patterns are separated
by commas which makes me think that the help text may be wrong, but it doesn't work either way. Sometimes I
don't succeed to find anything, even though the searched string is obviously present in the code.

regards

Gerhard