storage location of source code formatter settings

Gerhard Stengel gstengel at gmx.net
Wed Aug 17 19:40:31 UTC 2011

Hi,

today, the custom source code formatter settings are stored in the file
sessionrc, specifically for each session. Assuming that each project has its
own coding style, this behaviour seems reasonable.

However, if I want to define my favourite source code formatting style and
apply it to several projects, this implementation is a bit questionable. I'd
like to see my custom formatting style in any project and select it if I want
to. This isn't possible at the moment.
Wouldn't it be better to store the available formatting styles in a global
configuration file and let just the selection be project-specific? I think
this would be more flexible.

regards

Gerhard