mouse over highlighting.. even during scroll

Mon Apr 11 07:08:46 UTC 2011

Sometimes i suffer from slow scrolling of a document in kdevelop and lately i
noticed that it happens because during the scroll and certain word came under
the mouse and the scrolling stops until all highlighting of every occurence of
the word is completed. I also noticed that it takes longer when there are more
occurences of that word (QString, in my example) in the text.

I was wondering if this is desirable behavior or if it could be controlled. I
would say that it is ok to trigger the highlight engine only when the mouse is
"moved" to hover over the variable/class name and not when the name comes
under the mouse... Is that even possible?

I seems that this is indeed possible as when i use rekonq and scroll a web
page (google search results in my example) the mouse cursor and the status bar
do not update when I scroll the document such that a link comes under the
mouse. It only updates when I move the mouse over a link.
--
Cheers!
Kishore