Why is there one completion thread per completion model?

Milian Wolff mail at milianw.de
Mon Sep 27 12:00:03 UTC 2010

Hello all,

got one of my "why is XYZ done this way" questions again. Often our KDevelop
backtraces are immensely huge since we have lots of threads. One of the thins
I noticed that each CodeCompletionModel (we have one per language plugin at
least) will start its own CodeCompletionThread. Isn't that obsolete?

Couldn't it be one thread for all? Or is this too complicated and having lots
of threads no issue?

Bye
--
Milian Wolff