Colleagues of DUChain

Paul Fee pfee at talk21.com
Wed Sep 8 15:57:20 UTC 2010

Hi all,

Over on the Boost mailing list, there's a thread about Scalpel, a source
code analysis library which can expose the code's structure to other
components such as editors.

http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lib.boost.devel/208217

The conclusion was that LLVM/clang provides similar functionality and it
would be better to support an established project than start another project
tackling similar issues.

Another useful project highlighted was GCCSense
http://cx4a.org/software/gccsense/

To me these seem to be overlap with KDevelop's DUChain.  I'm not familiar
enough with clang, GCCSense, DUChain or Scalpel, but do they perform similar
tasks and which should KDevelop be using?

Does DUChain have features the others lack or vice versa?  Would KDevelop
benefit from having a look at these similar projects?

Thanks,
Paul