Double tooltips

Vladimir Prus ghost at cs.msu.su
Wed Sep 8 13:40:47 UTC 2010

On Wednesday 08 September 2010 17:20:05 Milian Wolff wrote:

> On Wednesday, 8. September 2010 15:06:35 Vladimir Prus wrote:

> > > Much better, +1 from me.
> > >
> > > But I'd say the correct fix would be to show both tooltips as David said,
> > > since context browsing is defintely something I also want to do during
> > > debugging.
> >
> > And you can do it just fine, without tooltips -- since Ctrl-Click works
> > just fine when debugging.
>
> And if I want the information in the tooltip? Like the comment, the function
> it overloads, ...

To be really pedantic -- even when debugging, you don't actually need to see the
value of a function. Therefore, when hovering over a function name, there's no
need to show debugger tooltip. And when hovering over a variable, you don't have
any overloaded function.

> Those popups are useful!

They might be useful in code area. In debug area, they are behind debugger tooltips
half of the time.

Do you actually use KDevelop's debugger and find those tooltips OK?

- Volodya