Double tooltips

Vladimir Prus ghost at cs.msu.su
Tue Sep 7 19:43:48 UTC 2010

I see that while in Debug area, hovering over a variable gives me two
tooltips -- one from contextbrowser and another from debugger, which
is clearly not nice. The contextbrowser tooltip is created in
kdevplatform/plugins/contextbrowser/contextbrowser.cpp, see viewCreated
and textHintRequested.

Does anybody have any opinion how this should be fixed? It seems ideal to
- Make each View aware of the Area it belongs too
- Make each Area specify a list of 'tooltip providers' it allows
- When installing tooltip handler, check if the area of the view allows
what we're trying to install.

Comments?

Thanks,