KDevelop 4.0.2 and 4.1 Beta 1 (4.0.80) released

Milian Wolff mail at milianw.de
Sun Sep 5 16:46:59 UTC 2010

Good news everyone, this time in a double feature!

I'm happy to announce the availability of two new additions to the KDevelop
release family:

On one hand we have released KDevelop 4.0.2, together with KDevplatform and
the PHP plugins. You can find the sources here:

ftp://ftp.kde.org/pub/kde/stable/kdevelop/4.0.2/src/

This is a bugfix only release and everyone is urged to upgrade as soon as
possible. Users should wait for their distributions to provide packages for
them. The tarballs contain changelogs if you are interested what happened
since 4.0.1.

Note: This is (most probably) the last release in the 4.0 branch. We don't
have enough manpower to handle more than one stable branch. Which makes me
come to the second part of this mail:

We are very happy to publish KDevelop 4.1 Beta 1, which will be the branch we
are concentrating on in the next time. You can find the sources here:

ftp://ftp.kde.org/pub/kde/unstable/kdevelop/4.0.80/src/

This is a preview release. We are gratefully welcoming any testers and
feedback to polish it further for the final 4.1 release which will probably
happen around mid October. Please put the reports on the usual places, e.g.
http://bugs.kde.org. If you are interested in the (quite long) list of
changes, look into the tarballs again for an extensive git changelog. If you
just want a few highlights: Git Support Plugin, External Script Plugin,
general polishing, CPP support improvements, lots of bug fixes, UI polishing,
performance improvements, ... you name it :)

Thanks as always to the KDevelop team for making this possible and to the
users for giving us valuable feedback.

Bye

PS: Sorry that I forgot to announce this yesterday or even friday, as I
initially planned. Well, weekends are such a nice time to go outside and enjoy
life :)
--
Milian Wolff
mail at milianw.de