Attention: Branching 4.1 / Master will depend on KDE 4.5

David Nolden zwabel at googlemail.com
Sun Sep 5 14:30:50 UTC 2010

2010/9/4 Milian Wolff <mail at milianw.de>:
> Also debugging + patchreview should be tested now that they are using Moving*.

PatchReview was quite broken, but I've fixed that one now. Since I
don't use the debugger it's hard for me to test that, but alone from
looking at the code i see:
- You only create a MovingCursor for breakpoints that are set through
markClicked, but there is also another way (see uses of
addCodeBreakpoint).breakpoint is deleted.
- You never delete the MovingCursors, even if the breakpoint is
deleted. The objects seem to be leaked until the document is closed.

I guess those are old bugs? Anyway, I think in future the debugger
(and patch-review too), should use the PersistentMovingRange class,
which is more convenient as it's based on KShared, and which will
allow to track breakpoint positions even on occassions like
document-reload, close+open, etc.

I've also noticed some occassional highlighting glitches in the
movingranges branch, but I guess we can sort those out. It is much
more stable than the smart-range version, so I think we should switch
now.

Greetings, David