Moving to git.kde.org open

Milian Wolff mail at milianw.de
Thu Oct 28 11:13:05 UTC 2010

Aleix Pol, 27.10.2010:
> On Wed, Oct 27, 2010 at 9:13 PM, Andreas Pakulat <apaku at gmx.de> wrote:
> > On 27.10.10 21:06:48, Aleix Pol wrote:
> > > Maybe reviewboard can be adapted to display changes between branches
> >
> > (which
> >
> > > is the main point of merge requests).
> > >
> > > So, what do you think about moving kdevelop this week? I can take care
> > > of
> >
> > it
> >
> > > if nobody else wants to.
> >
> > I suggest to wait at least another week, there's no reason to rush and
> > the move is a disruption for everybody, especially when people want to
> > get recent updates from the stable branch. (distro's sometimes do this
> > to get important fixes).
> >
> > Andreas
> >
> > --
> > You have a will that can be influenced by all with whom you come in
> > contact.
> >
> > --
>
> Fair enough.
>
> We should set the date anyway, just to have a plan. What about 7th
> november?

Please make sure:

a) that we can disable new merge requests on gitorious
b) to merge as many still opened requests as possible.
c) to define a new way for contributors to send us patches. e.g. start by
asking the other projects (amarok, konversation,...) on how they handled this.
I can't imagine we are the only ones who got merge requests.
d) that all documentations/howtos (wiki, ...) are updated

imo team development could still happen in a gitorious team clone. We'd have
to merge it anyways.

Anyhow, I personally wouldn't think I could do it until the 7th, but if you
want to do it and are confident to make it until then: go for it.

bye
--
Milian Wolff
mail at milianw.de