Moving to git.kde.org open

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Wed Oct 27 19:53:10 UTC 2010

On 27.10.10 21:08:48, Milian Wolff wrote:
> On Wednesday 27 October 2010 21:01:57 Niko Sams wrote:
> > >
> > > there is no such thing as a merge-request on the new architecture as far
> > > as I understood.
> >
> > but there is reviewboard, I think that does more or less the same.
>
> no, not at all. Reviewboard is nice for simple bug fixes and monolithic patches
> for feature additions.
>
> It does not cope well with the "develop a feature in a branch, then merge it"
> workflow that git suggests and I came to love.

But MR's didn't do anything to help you review a series of commits
either or did I miss something? A MR (as far as I got to know it) was
simply a dump of all changes done in the branch into a patch,
reviewboard is supposed to supply that too.

If you want to follow a features development in a branch then you either
need to do that by updating a local clone of the branch regularly or
somehow get commit-mails for the branch. I'm not sure wether the current
plan for git.kde.org considered commit-mails for personal clones
(which are supported, no group-clones though afaik).

Anyway, lets stop that here as Aleix said. Topic is about moving and
when.

Try to have as good a life as you can under the circumstances.