CPU consumption due to UIBlockTester

Christoph Bartoschek bartoschek at gmx.de
Wed Oct 27 18:03:42 UTC 2010

Hi,

on my notebook kdevelop uses constantly 4-6% of cpu. The result is that the
CPU never sleeps and my battery drains very quickly.

The cause is that kdevelop wakes up every 30 milliseconds due to the
UIBlockTester.

My questions are:

1. Why is DEBUG_UI_LOCKUP defined in the released version. I would expect
that the official release of kdevelop has such debugging stuff disabled.

2. Why is the interval only 30 miliseconds?

3. Why is the LOCKUP_INTERVAL divided by 10 in the UIBlockTester class.
Shouldn't LOCKUP_INTERVAL directly be the the number of miliseconds used to
sleep?

Please undefine DEBUG_UI_LOCKUP for the released version and release a fixed
kdevelop 4.1.1 as soon as possible.

Thanks
Christoph Bartoschek