Rename Assistant

Olivier JG olivier.jg at gmail.com
Wed Oct 27 09:50:46 UTC 2010

Attached are updated patches for the rename assistant. Some questions
below..
> I don't exactly understand what you mean by this. It is possible to
> tell MovingRange to extend the range on adjacent edits, we could add
> such an option to PersistentMovingRange as well.
I added a bool option to PersistentMovingRange, but perhaps I should
expose the actual flags?
Perhaps I should just use MovingRange... unless there's another reason
to use PersistentMovingRange? The rename assistant is gone when the
document is closed..
> For renaming of local variables, uses() is enough.
Well that's simple enough then. I now don't offer to rename anything
that opens a context, or is a forward declaration, with an exception for
functions that aren't class members. Let me know if it should be
something else.

Pending an answer on MovingRange vs PersistentMovingRange, and if no one
takes issue with the patches, I'll commit this.

-Olivier JG