Moving to git.kde.org open

Milian Wolff mail at milianw.de
Mon Oct 18 20:56:57 UTC 2010

On Wednesday 06 October 2010 10:51:49 Niko Sams wrote:
> I think we should keep a similar layout as we have now, maybe the plugins
> better structured as that is now possible afaik:
> kdevelop "module"
>   kdevplatform
>   kdevelop
>   quanta
>   plugins
>     php
>     php-docs

After a discussion on IRC it was made clear that we don't have a choice but to
switch over to git.kde.org as otherwise the sysadmins would consider us "not
KDE" and delete e.g. kdevelop from bugs.kde.org. Anyways, I think we all agree
that we are KDE and that we do want to help avoid the fragmentization, so lets
agree on the structure. Sho said we'd "certainly" have two weeks of time and
I'd personally be willing to do the setup and talk with the admins afterwards
to get it all done.

Anyways. back to our structure.

Two things I needed to learn today:

- projects can be arbitrarily nested in redmine
- the git clone urls won't be nested

So taking into account I propose this structure, with the git url id in
parens:

kdevelop "module"
  kdevplatform (kdevplatform.git)
  kdevelop (kdevelop.git)
  quanta (quanta.git)
  plugins
    php (kdev-php.git)
    php-docs (kdev-php-docs.git)
  experimental
    qmake (kdev-qmake.git)

Sho said that this structure would be possible and I quite like it as it shows
everything kdev related in one tree.

So, any opposition? Better suggestions?
--
Milian Wolff