Patch: TODO highlighting in comments

Ciprian Ciubotariu cheepeero at gmx.net
Sat Oct 16 23:43:14 UTC 2010

Though perhaps a bit off-topic, I'd like to use the opportunity to add some
thoughts on having configuration levels and a system for overriding these as
the scope tightens. I've mentioned this idea on IRC (I am CMoH on IRC btw) but
didn't raise any comments.

Here is what I'd expect from the IDE's configuration framework:

1. application-level configuration
2. session-level configuration
3. project-level configuration
4. perhaps file level, but I've seldom used such a feature except in those
nasty IDEs that also handle the build themselves

Each level is the default for the higher levels, where level 1 (application
level) would define a value for all options. Each level above would allow me to
override the values supplied by the previous level, or to reset my change.

There's also the question on where to store transient configs, like session
open windows, current window layout, currently selected filter in the TODO
window and similar stuff.

Would you find idea this useful? Does it stand any chance within the current
KCM design (I haven't even saw its API)?