What is our preferred gitorious workflow wrt merges and pushes?

Alexander Dymo alexander.dymo at gmail.com
Sun Oct 10 15:32:14 UTC 2010

> On 10.10.10 15:55:49, Alexander Dymo wrote:
> You mean merge your branches into kdevelop/master and then push that,
> right? So far thats what we've done, i.e. no need to specifically rebase
> a branch against 'current' master to get a linear history.

Yeah, that was basically my question, do we care about linearity of our
history?
Looks like we don't (and git log --graph --all also suggests that we
don't).

IMHO linear history is much simpler to understand, but it does introduce
some specifics wrt personal
gitorious clone management (like I shown in example A1).
For my own repos I usually try to keep history linear where possible.