Building a library and executable with 300 C++ files.

Michael Hart michael.george.hart at gmail.com
Mon Nov 29 15:39:14 UTC 2010

The unfortunate side effect of labeling a product Kdevelop 4 is you have
long time users like me expecting the ease of use of Kdevelop 3 and not have
egg on ones face trying to demonstrate it wondering why Kdevelop 4 is such a
radical departure from the original; I can't simply add files to a
directory/project and compile that file.

Also, guys while I love how the new intellisence works, you have given the
word IDE to your product and IDE means isolation, insulation from a build
system to most people especially the marginal people using VS

I am very disappointed that you have now spell it out for me; I am going to
have to know something about the build system cmake if I am to become
proficient at Kdevelop 4. I was really hoping that would not be the case.

Thanks