Please Package: KDevelop 4.1.1 released

Milian Wolff mail at milianw.de
Mon Nov 29 14:25:42 UTC 2010

Aleix Pol, 29.11.2010:
> On Mon, Nov 29, 2010 at 2:50 PM, Milian Wolff <mail at milianw.de> wrote:

> > > I've updated the website design a bit.
> > >
> > > I'll put the git www repository on-line once you release 4.1.1
> > > OK?
> >
> > 4.1.1 was released, and if you like, you can push the git version online,
> > I have no idea how stable it is though.
> >
> > Also I think it is only fair to notify you that I'm planning to work on
> > the website over the christmas holidays. I plan to reuse a proper CMS,
> > probably Drupal, since the current website is unmaintainable in my eyes.
> >
> > I will concentrate on KDevelop 4, and will link to the old website for
> > legacy
> > information, esp. on KDevelop 3. Hosting will be done by Kollide who also
> > host
> > Amarok and Konversation among other things. I'll get back to you once I
> > have
> > something more tangible.
> >
> > @ All: If someone is interested in helping with this, please contact me.
> > I intend to reuse the layout done by Syron, as it's really well done
> > imo.
> >
> > Bye
> > --
> > Milian Wolff
> > mail at milianw.de
> > http://milianw.de
> >
> > --
>
> Hi Milian!
> I think it's a good initiative, it's something quite some people have
> requested already and it's going to be beneficial.
>
> Said that, I would like to note that it would be nice if we started to
> really embrace KDE infrastructure regarding the website. We can have our
> webpage for news and stuff but I'd like to see the wiki moving to
> community.kde.org and techbase.kde.org.
>
> I don't really have a fresh memory on that, what exact purpose is the new
> website targeting? news? entry point for new kdevelop users? developers?

General information, screenshots, links to related blog articles, links to
screencasts, commit log, ...

I.e. the central place for information around our project. I totally agree
that we should drop the mediawiki and use community/techbase instead, but
users would still need to find that somehow, hence => put links to the
important pages on our website.

Same for the forum, imo we should use forum.kde.org and embrace that.

> Aleix
>
> Aleix

Two Aleixs? :)

Bye