Project Filter merged

Eugene Agafonov e.a.agafonov at gmail.com
Sun Nov 28 20:46:00 UTC 2010

Hi!

On Sun, Nov 21, 2010 at 7:04 PM, David Nolden <zwabel at googlemail.com> wrote:
> 2010/11/21 Milian Wolff <mail at milianw.de>:
>> It's a simple filter, isn't the usecase obvious? It's to find stuff. And no,
>
> But it doesn't work to "find stuff". It doesn't filter away
> non-matching directories, and it doesn't auto-expand the remaining
> directories. The only case where it might work is when you have a huge
> linear list.

Right, that was a first item in TODO list for my original patch :)
I have an improved version to filter out folders w/o matched content.
It implements quite tricky algorithm with caching of filtered sub-folders
and looks quite ugly for me.
Anyway,  review request is coming soon.

I have more ideas for filter:
- special patterns like '\t' for targets
- start pattern with '!' to do hide matched content, for example
'*.cpp !moc*.cpp' - shows all cpp but hides generated MOC files.
- Pattern history in drop-down-list.

Any blames/comments/suggestions for ideas?

BR, Eugene Agafonov