Moving kdevelop4-custom-buildsystem to g.k.o

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Fri Nov 26 15:08:24 UTC 2010

On 26.11.10 14:29:45, Milian Wolff wrote:
> Andreas Pakulat, 26.11.2010:

> > > Sorry, I'm talking about merging it into KDevelop/KDevplatform of
> > > course. Every somewhat maintained plugin should ideally be somewhere
> > > in our git repository.
> >
> > While I'm willing to maintain it for the foreseeable future, I'm not
> > using it as much as I'd like (though the next few weeks might be
> > changing things again). Hence I'm not sure about moving it to kdevelop
> > (kdevplatform would be wrong IMHO as its of no use to Quanta for
> > example). I'll leave that decision to the community, but I'd like to
> > make clear that I currently don't have any plans for new features but
> > will be fixing any bugs that anybody finds (there's no b.k.o entry yet,
> > will do that once it moved).
>
> Since you told me quite often that it's stable and since it reuses the generic
> manager which is of course maintained by me, I'd say +1 from me. I just wonder
> whether we should ship it with 4.2, I'd be more confident with 4.3.

As I said, I'd rather not move into kdevelop at this point anyway. I'm
totally fine with it being available under plugins and doing a release
before it moves there (I'll try to do that this weekend). I can just as
well do a release for KDevelop 4.2 around the time when you're releasing
that into the wild. I probably won't do more than a single beta and maybe
one rc though before that.

> And I'll forward bugs to you of course, this is btw. my evil plan to get you
> back to hack on KDevelop :P

I think once its released I should open a bugzilla component in kdevelop
for it, even if its not part of the git repository. So you'll be spared
from forwading reports to me :)

You will be Told about it Tomorrow.  Go Home and Prepare Thyself.