Moving kdevelop4-custom-buildsystem to g.k.o

Milian Wolff mail at milianw.de
Tue Nov 23 17:51:48 UTC 2010

Andreas Pakulat, 23.11.2010:
> Hi,
>
> I'm mostly wondering where to drop it, i.e. plugins or experimental...
>
> I think plugins would be more suitable as it really is meant to be
> "production ready", but its not been used by many people yet and has no
> release.
>
> So basically: What are the rules for the two subprojects plugins vs.
> experimental?

Imo all of this should be met for a plugin in the "plugins" folder:

a) active maintainer who cares about bug fixes etc.
b) a first release, since that makes it clear that the maintainer is confident
it is in a "production ready" state

So imo you should just do a release and get it in there. But only if you will
read and accept bug reports for it as well as continue to improve it if there
are bugs in it.

If this is not the case, put it into experimental.

Bye
--
Milian Wolff
mail at milianw.de