KDevelop in git.kde.org

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Tue Nov 23 08:23:27 UTC 2010

On 23.11.10 05:09:05, Aleix Pol wrote:
> Hey :)
> Good news KDevelop'ers! Our official repositories are now in git.kde.orgservers.

Great, no more downtimes :)

> This means, you'll find the relevant URL's in
> https://projects.kde.org/projects/extragear/kdevelop<https://projects.kde.org/projects/extragear/kdevelop?jump=repository>,
> you can find more information regarding that infrastructure in:
> http://community.kde.org/Sysadmin/GitKdeOrgManual .
>
> I'd like to ask the developers with pending merge requests to move to the
> review board platform so that we can keep working together.

Hmm. Looking at the manual would it be better to move the MR's to a
scratch pad repository or should people create a personal clone of the
relevant repository? Using a purely local clone for reviewing would be
ok, but IMHO for final merging we shouldn't use the patch file, but
merge the actual branch.

> PS: Now gitorious repository is read-only, how does the kdevelop website
> work? do we have to change the address anywhere? who can do that?

I believe the wiki has references to the url in the "howto compile"
section. I don't think the website itself has any references on it, its
basically dead since almost a year.

> PS2: kdevelop-team still has write rights in the gitorious repos just in
> case, that doesn't mean we have to use it :)

I suggest to turn that off asap to prevent accidents. There's no reason
to keep write access if we can write to the new repo.

Do something unusual today.  Pay a bill.