Patch: TODO highlighting in comments

David Nolden zwabel at googlemail.com
Sun Nov 14 09:56:45 UTC 2010

>> Then what is it?
I think a TODO is simply a TODO, nothing you can categorize easily. If
you want a category, I'd call it an "Annotation", the right place
might be an "Annotations" view or something like that.

> In my own opinion the problem reporter is the right location, because the
> TODOs are hints that some functionality may not be given or that some
> functions make problems. This is highly context sensitive, as the problem
> reporter is.
> Whenever I write code, I only need the TODOs from the current context -
> they're less important than parsing problems, but they can still lead to
> problems if you don't know them.

Most of the parser-problems in the problem reporter are not real
problems, but rather just problems of the parser. I think a TODO is
more important than that. ;-)

Anyway for the moment, the problem-reporter might be ok as place for
the problems, it just has to be implemented efficiently.

Greetings, David