The "new class" wizard

Esben Mose Hansen kde at mosehansen.dk
Tue Nov 9 11:42:08 UTC 2010

Hi,

I was sitting and developing software and creating a new class, which was
going to be a subclass QObject. So I dutifully add that as a parent class, and
clicked next, selected the functions to overload, next, and selected the file
names (I name my classes name_t and the files name.h/name.cpp, so I need to
edit those).

Isn't that work flow a bit silly? It is so easy to override functions these
days, so couldn't the superclass/override section be skipped? That would allow
us to have a one-page new class wizard:

Name: mywidget_t
Header File: mywidget.h
cpp-file: mywidget.cpp

License (drop down) (New license)

Advanced (Hide/show)
 *
 * The bit about where in an existent file the class should be defined
 *

Thoughts?

--
kind regards, Esben