Missing files in Quick Open

Milian Wolff mail at milianw.de
Fri Nov 5 14:02:52 UTC 2010

On Friday 05 November 2010 14:17:25 Christoph Bartoschek wrote:
> Am Donnerstag, 28. Oktober 2010 schrieb Christoph Bartoschek:
> > Hi,
> >
> > today I have a problem that did not occur with kdevelop before 4.1. The
> > quick open menu only contains the currently open file.
> >
> > The other files from the project are missing although the project files
> > are enabled in the Scopes.
> >
> > In the konsole where I started kdevelop I see
> >
> > QFileSystemWatcher: failed to add paths: /home/devel/....
> >

> > for nearly all paths and Makefiles (?) in my project. Is this related?
> >
> > Thanks
> > Christoph
>
> This seems to be a language choice problem. When I start kdevelop with
> English locales I have no problem:
>
> LANG=en_US kdevelop
>

> However when I start kdevelop with my normal german locale it does not
> work.

As I said in #kdevelop, please run kdevelop in GDB and try to debug it.

I think this is a good entry point:

void QuickOpenModel::registerProvider( const QStringList& scopes, const
QStringList& types, KDevelop::QuickOpenDataProviderBase* provider )

Then print scopes and types and find the one that adds Dateien and debug it.

What I fear might have happened:

KDevelop has a german .po (i.e. it reached 75%) but kdevplatform not. I'll
have to make sure the 75% are overall reached it seems...

Bye

--
Milian Wolff
mail at milianw.de