new import wizard, discussing vcs interfaces

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Sat May 22 22:32:04 UTC 2010

On 22.05.10 21:16:17, Aleix Pol wrote:
> On Sat, May 22, 2010 at 9:10 PM, Andreas Pakulat <apaku at gmx.de> wrote:

> > user

> > > The working directory is the directory where to the project is going to
> > be
> > > checked out and the directory that's being shown in the next wizard page.

> > > Yes, but the thing is that others are going to need the next page anyway
> > so
> > > I'd like local users to be able to just go ahead.
> >
> > Well, local users just need the second page and remote users shouldn't
> > need the second page at all right? After all if they can say where to
> > checkout the project to and where it comes from then we don't need to
> > ask them which file to open. We can just use the directory it was
> > checked out to.
> >

> Well, when you checkout you need the second page to select the project file
> (if there's no project.kdev4 file).

No you don't. At least normally you don't. If I checkout a project X
from some svn repo then the .kdev4, cmakelists.txt etc. will be the one
in the top-level. So all you need is give the appwizard the
<working-dir>/<projectname> and the wizard will figure out the rest
(it'll even propose a manager-plugin if there's no .kdev4 file)

You love your home and want it to be beautiful.