Testing plugins (CMakeManager)

Esben Mose Hansen kde at mosehansen.dk
Sat May 22 12:12:43 UTC 2010

On Sunday 16 May 2010 17:19:25 Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> Provide a test extension-interface. I don't like having plugin classes
> exported from the module. The extension-header doesn't need any
> exporting. See the IMakeBuilder extension interface. Similar to that you
> could create a ITestCMakeManager that exposes the API you need and that
> header shouldn't be installed. Then in the test query the plugin-manager
> for the cmake-plugin (via its name) and call
> extension<ITestCMakeManager>() on it.

I have done so now. It turned out that CMakeManager derived from ICMakeManager
and IProjectFileSomething, which between them exposed the functionality I
needed. See the 2 merge request for how it turned out:

http://gitorious.org/kdevelop/kdevplatform/merge_requests/7
http://gitorious.org/kdevelop/kdevelop/merge_requests/10

I think I have finally gotten the basic idea about plugins+extensions in
KDevelop :o)

Thanks for the help!

--
Kind regards, Esben