Tips to start with editor widget focused and to run kdev from build dir

Alexander Dymo alexander.dymo at gmail.com
Fri May 21 20:11:21 UTC 2010

2010/5/21 Antoine Calando <acalando at free.fr>:
> I have two questions I have been not able to find out by myself:
> - when launching Kdevelop, the keyboard focus is by default in the left
> dock, instead of the main editor widget. It is quite annoying after a few
> launches. What should I do / where should I look to correct this behavior?

This is related to the workspaces implementation. KDevelop starts,
selects Code area, then opens a file, creates a new workingset,
temporarily switches area to another, then switches area back
(recreating the editor for a file)  - and somewhere in last two steps
it fails to set a focus.

Anyway, the whole workingset handling should be removed/rewritten.
Then the problem would go away naturally. But if you can come up with
a fix in a reasonable time, please do it ;)