Tips to start with editor widget focused and to run kdev from build dir

Antoine Calando acalando at free.fr
Fri May 21 17:13:20 UTC 2010

Hi all,

I am currently using Kdevelop 3.5.4 and I am spending some time to modify
it in order that it better fits my needs.

I have two questions I have been not able to find out by myself:
- when launching Kdevelop, the keyboard focus is by default in the left
dock, instead of the main editor widget. It is quite annoying after a few
launches. What should I do / where should I look to correct this behavior?

- I would like to test the modifications done without  installing
everything. When I execute BUILD_DIR/src/kdevelop, the
libraries/plugins/whatever that are used are those installed in their
final release location. Is there a way to load the xxx/.libs/yyy.so
scattered in the build tree, instead of the release ones?

Thanks,

Antoine